Highly accomplished manager with versatile and multi disciplinary skill set: demonstrated ability to lead teams and projects. “Can-do” mentality reinforced by exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills at the highest levels
2009 – Current The Green Party of England and Wales www.greenparty.org.uk
2011 - Current Green Party Families and Children Spokesperson. 'Front bench' position responsible for speaking about Green Party positions on policies affecting families and children to national media.
July 2011 - Sept 2013 Internal Communications Co-ordinator on the National Executive. Director level post on the elected Committee responsible for running the Green Party. Managing all inward facing communications, responsible for creating and outputting magazines and newsletters to members, the member's website, discussion boards and e-lists.
Sept 2011 - Feb 2013 South West Green Party Press Officer, and MEP candidate.
Jan 2009 - May 2010 General Election Communications Manager: Responsible for print, events, above the line and digital marketing
· As part of the Target Constituencies and General Election Leadership Team, led the implementation of an innovative communications strategy to deliver an historic General Election win: electing the country's first Green MP and the first Green elected on a 'first past the post' system anywhere in the world..
· Managed national press and billboard advertising campaign, election publications and Green Party newsletters, insuring high quality outputs with delivery to deadline and budget.
· Managed events targeted at a wide variety of users including the Internal (activists) and External (NGOs and celebrities) General Election campaign launches for Caroline Lucas and the National Green Party Manifesto Launch.
· Led the development and implementation of local fundraising programme, which included sell out comedy event at Theatre Royal Brighton, hosted by Marcus Brigstocke and a film screening hosted by Colin Firth.
2010 - Current Managing Director My Ancestry Films www.myancestryfilms.com
Running an independent documentary film company making Family History programmes.
2006 - 2009 Maternity Break, Self Employed Journalist & Editor
Writing features for Guild of Master Craftsmen Magazines and proof reading books and corporate press releases.
1999 - 2006 PC Pilot www.pcpilot.net
The world’s favourite flight simulation magazine.
· Co-launched the magazine with a circulation of 20,000 and a £4.95 cover price. With associated merchandising it turned over 500k per annum.
· Co-negotiated sale to Key Publishing in 2005.
1998 - 2005 Wave Magazine and www.wavemagazine.co.uk
Brighton’s natural lifestyle magazine and website
Launched and ran the magazine and website taking it from £20k pa start up in a back room to part of the most successful media organisation in the city.
· Managed and marketed all aspects of the magazine and website
· Developed a reputation for inspiring and persuasive journalism. One feature on the Hoffman Process course generated the Hoffman Institute £90,000 of extra business.
· Managed a team of fourteen full time and freelance staff plus volunteers
· Negotiate sale of Wave to The Latest, Brighton in 2003
1999 - 2001 Classic FM Magazine www.haymarket.com/classic_fm
The UK's biggest newsstand classical music magazine supporting the output of the award winning Classic FM radio station.
Freelance Sub Editor:
· Fact checking and proof reading interviews, features, reviews and listings
· Writing news items and advertorial
1995 The Big Issue www.thebigissue.com
Editor: Brighton Festival Supplement interviewing speakers and performers, writing features.
Editorial Assistant, Arts: chasing and inputting copy, writing news items, managing competitions and reader surveys
1990 - 1995 Charlotte Macpherson Photography www.charlottemacpherson.co.uk
Attending fashion shows in London, Paris and Milan, sourcing film processors, editing images. Developed relationships with British fashion editors to supply catwalk, backstage and papparazzi photographs.
1986 - 1990 Marks and Spencer www.markeandspencer.com
The country’s most famous fashion retailer with 21 million visitors per week.
Graduate Trainee: Won a place on arguably the best graduate training programme in the industry, progressed to Assistant Buyer: Footwear and
· £11m budget, purchasing from a UK manufacture base
· Generated £2m extra business identifying a gap in the market and developing the countries’ first novelty slippers for adults
· Communication, negotiation and conflict resolution with a broad community of suppliers and manufacturers at the most senior levels
2010 - 2012 Parish Councillor, and local delegate on the District Association of Local Councils
1998 - 2005 The Dolphin House Clinic, Brighton www.dolphinhouseclinic.com
The country’s only dedicated natural healthcare clinic for babies and children
Director (Marketing): As member of the Trustee Board oversaw fundraising, budgets and new projects. Generated all strategic communications and marketing.
· Developed review and approval procedures for publicity
· Formed strategic alliances within the PCT and voluntary organisations
2001 - 2004 Brighton Steiner School www.brightonsteinerschool.org.uk
Press Officer: Researched and developed communications and marketing objectives and strategies on a project-by-project basis. Jointly developed the website, produced brochures and flyers, hosted open days and obtained both regional press for the school and national press for Steiner Waldorf education.
1996 - 1998 National Childbirth Trust
Editor: branch magazines campaigning on maternity rights and natural birth choices and providing a community for new mothers and mothers to be.
1995 - 1996 Paddington’s Hospital Radio
Presenter: of two weekly three hour programmes revolving around patient requests and patient involvement.
Education: 11 O levels, Grade 8 Acting & Public Speaking (both equiv AS Level)
3 A levels (Economics A, English B, History C)
1986 BA Hons. English & Drama
1990 Introduction to Counselling Certificate
1991 Licence to teach Self Esteem Enhancement
1995 Diploma in Media Practice (Distinction)
IT Skills: InDesign, QuarkXpress, MS Office, Excel, Publisher, Access, and Explorer. Working knowledge of Photoshop and Powerpoint
Personal: British, married with two daughters
Interests: Sustainable living, creative writing, genealogy, Human Systems
Referees: Caroline Lucas, MP, House of Commons, London, SW1A OAA. Rachel Gilmour, Head of Strategic Communications, The Environment Agency, Castle House, Bampton, Tiverton, Devon EX16 9NS.